Inspired by this wonderful article by the extraordinary Elon Musk, I would like to say that had we done the same exercise 12 months’ ago, it might have been:
- Raise some seed capital
- Prove to investors that we know what we’re doing…
- And have the team and model to change a lot of people’s lives
- Thereby putting ourselves in a great position to raise more money – at a much better valuation – to help the company scale and put a smile on the faces of our seed investors.
- Achieved sales of $85,000 in June 2016, only 6 months after launching the new model in just two Kenyan counties
- Which is enough to make NLA Kenya profitable… and yet we’ve only just begun to scratch the surface of those counties
- With many investors keen to now invest at an increased valuation
- … I’d say that we’ve achieved that goal.
So what is NLA’s Master Plan Part Deux?
I’d summarise it as:
- By June 2018:
- Neutralise the number one potential investor question which is, “That’s impressive. But can it scale?”.
- By scaling into at least ten more Kenyan counties and at least one other country
- Thereby making at least 250,000 customers very happy
- And substantially increasing the value of the company; and the size of the smiles on our investors’ faces.
After a planning session here in Kenya this week, we’re ready to make this happen.